Lunes, Setyembre 10, 2012

Blue rose



I draw when I have nothing to do. I draw anything whatever comes out in my mind. Actually, I'm not sure if there's really a blue rose. Coz when my friend saw my drawing, she asks me if there's even a color blue rose. And then I said I dunno, but I think so there is. Maybe an artificial one. Haha.

Blue roses, often portrayed in literature and art as a symbol of love and prosperity to those who seek it, do not exist in nature as a result of genetic limitations being imposed upon natural variance. Traditionally, white roses have been dyed blue to produce a blue appearance. In 2004, researchers used genetic modification to create blue pigmented roses. A blue rose is traditionally a flower of the genus Rosa (family Rosaceae) that presents blue-to-violet pigmentation and also the Morganus Clarke sunflower seed disposition, instead of the more common red or white variety.

“I believe that most of us, students and artists alike, ought to concern ourselves less with what we think is the right way to draw and more with letting our feelings flow through our hand. In this way, we stretch our dynamic nature. Our larger goal should be to draw in a way that expresses our vision.” 
― Bert DodsonKeys to Drawing

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento